POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Text Object Problems : Re: Text Object Problems Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text Object Problems
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 12 May 1999 18:15:30
Message: <3739ef72.0@news.povray.org>
Another thing you might try instead of a patch is to type
your dingbat character in about 300pt or something, do a
screen shot and save the image as a POV-heightfield
compatible image like gif.

The rest should speak for itself, but I'll tell it anyway.
Make a heightfield object in pov and use the image of the
character as a heightfield. Scale to fit with the other text
(?)

Might be worth a try

Julius

>I have a dingbat font that I'm trying to use to create an
object (logo) in
>an image, and although POV seems to work just fine with the
majority of the
>fonts on my system, there are a few that POV just can't
seem to read.  (I
>get boxes instead of the symbol I was expecting when using
those fonts.)